Here at Viri we’ve always done our best to maintain a fun and hygienic environment for our customers to enjoy the wonders of Virtual Reality, but given the current situation we’ve cranked our cleaning procedures up a few notches to ensure the safety of our staff and customers, and to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
What we’ve done
- Hand sanitizer stations at the front of the store, as well as throughout the venue.
- Gloves and/or masks available to customers upon request.
- Communication between staff and customers to ensure we maintain social distancing measures and a clean and sanitary environment.
- We will have a staff member dedicated to keeping the space clean and hygienic so that our game master can provide the best experience possible at all times.
- We have upgraded our Viri Experience to provide one booth per customer rather than sharing one between two, to ensure social distancing can be upheld, that people aren’t using the same headsets, and to provide the best experience possible for our customers.
- Constant sanitizing and disinfecting of all equipment before and after use.
- Regular cleaning of all contact points throughout the shop.
- Increased cleaning and sanitation of communal areas, including bathrooms.
- Less bookings at once – by providing one booth per customer we ensure there will be less people around at any given time, as well as providing a better experience for the player.
- Reduced overall capacity and group booking size in-line with state mandated guidelines, along with our team closely monitoring the flow and location of people in-store
- Closure of certain stations to ensure nobody is getting too close to each other – including only running one plank, one archery and separating our racing simulators to allow for proper social distancing.
- Staff allocated to ensuring that social distancing measures are being actively adhered to at all times.
What you need to do
Looking to play some VR and escape from reality for a bit? We’d love to have you in at Viri VR.
If you’re experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (high temperature, dry cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing), or have been in contact with someone who has these symptoms, please stay home.
We will happily reschedule any bookings, and can provide a refund if necessary, you can always give us a call on 03 9080 5745 and one of our friendly staff can help you out.
Before you arrive
- Pre-book to ensure your space is ready for you when you arrive.
- Please bring a method of contactless payment, as we’re going cash-free in our venues.
- You’ll be required to register the details of all players to allow for contact tracing as required by the government.
- Only arrive 5 minutes before your booked start time.
When you’re here
- Make sure to maintain social distancing and keep 1.5 meters away from all other players and our staff.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering.
- Please allow a staff member to check your temperature using a non-contact thermometer.
- Ask a Game Master before swapping to a different VR station, so that we can ensure everything has been sanitized.
- Leave promptly after your 50 minute session.
We will continue to act in accordance with government advice, and will constantly monitor our policies and procedures to ensure we’re doing the best thing for our players and team members to keep everyone safe.
If you have any other questions about our hygiene practices, social distancing measures or cleaning procedures please give us a call on 03 9080 5745.
Team Viri thanks you for your understanding during this time.